Pastoral Care Pastor
Are you passionate about people living spiritually and relationally healthy and wholesome lives? Do you find fulfillment helping people who are experiencing major life-changing events? Do you enjoy empowering and walking with people as they navigate through personal challenges?
Gospel Mission Church is seeking a compassionate, creative and energetic individual to oversee the pastoral care ministry of GMC. This includes both personally meeting the needs and/or activating the pastoral care team to meet the needs.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Pastoral Care Scope:
The Pastoral Care Pastor is responsible to oversee the pastoral care team as well as personally respond to ministry needs so that individuals can heal and grow in their relationships in a Christ-honouring way.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Pastoral Care Team.
- Continually expand the ministry team by equipping and adding qualified, capable leaders who share the ministry responsibilities, resulting in strong, healthy relationships and spiritual growth in the team.
- Meet, or help meet, ministry needs such as:
- Personal ministry – to individuals/couples, home/hospital visitations, after-hour emergencies, follow-up needs …
- Marriages – pre-marital ministry, weddings, marriage enrichment, …
- Funerals and follow-up care
- Outlets – Conquer, Set Free!, GriefShare, Seniors Ministry, …
Qualifications, Expectations & Abilities
- Have a strong, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by attitude and behaviour.
- See the Bible as God’s Word, fully inspired by Him. Further, must have extensive knowledge of the Bible and demonstrate its applicability by living a life aligned with it and by ministering to others according to it.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Have a mature Christian character with a servant heart for ministry, desiring to serve the body of Christ with any gifts, abilities and talents God has given.
- Have a strong desire to see people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ so that they become spiritually, emotionally and relationally healthy.
- Desire to see the Church reach its purpose by seeing people come alive to God and His kingdom.
- Share the vision of Gospel Mission Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion; be dedicated to see the Church grow in unity, discipleship and numbers.
- Realize that ministry is a calling from God and not a job, while realizing the need for and willingly remaining accountability to man.
- Have an affinity for community and pastoral care within the church.
- View leadership not as lording over, but as servant-leadership: serving, caring for and empowering people.
- Have an attitude of loyalty to Christ and the Church; be humble, faithful, transparent, available and teachable (adaptable and flexible).
- Strong ability to work with people of various temperaments, gifts, passions, and backgrounds.
- Fully agree with, model and propagate GMC’s values, practices and culture.
- Be in full support of and alignment with all of GMC’s policies, statements, procedures and handbook.
- Have a warm, open, fun and positive personality. Have the gift of hospitality; be hospitable.
- Must have a healthy (emotional, relational and spiritual) marriage and home.
- Enjoy being in a people related environment and working as a team.
- Be creative and innovative, desiring to learn more.
- Have a strong giftedness and confidence in interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Able to coordinate and lead a team of volunteers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion (church information, ministry information, personal contract and benefits, etc.).
- Able to organize, prioritize, plan strategically, multi-task, and initiate.
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org